Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Internet Marketing Newbies - 5 Rules to Avoid Making Things More Complicated Than They Are

Internet Marketing Newbies - 5 Rules
I know that for anyone who is really new to the world of internet marketing it can be really confusing to understand how it all works out. But really, especially when you are just starting, what you need to do is NOT make it more complicated than it really is.

While helping new comers, I noticed a lot a newbies sometimes asking questions that frankly I wouldn't even have known how to ask when I first started. So, at first I thought that they were newbies who really have progressed rapidly who had came to understand all those IM terms and just juggling with them like masters.

Well, I was wrong, I finally realized that more times than not they are using terms that they have learned, but really still don't really understand what those terms mean. They are still very much newbies who are very confused as to what needs to be done, as far as the essentials go.
The golden rule to follow is do not try to re-invent the wheel and do not get stuck in keywords to long.

Here are 3 rules very simple to follow.

1) Look for a niche that is NOT too crowded. If you can, stay away from diets, relationships and money making. Not that they are not good niches, but they are very crowded and you might just get buried in the ocean of competition. Don't forget, you will be competing again people who are way ahead of you in a crowded niche. Do you see what I mean?
Look for less obvious niches that still have a market.

2) Do not lose a week just looking for the top notch keywords. Look for long tail keywords that make sense and are getting some kind of search volume. Do not get stuck until you find the PERFECT keyword that has the PERFECT search volume. You might never find it. Do your best, and move on.

3) Do not over think your article trying to sell me what you have. As a potential customer I hate those articles. Tell me about your product, what it does, what's good about it and give me a nice motivating conclusion that makes me want to read more in your resource box. This goes for also for Squidoo, Hubpages, blogger pages, and everything in between.
4) Give me a clear, nice and neat landing page that is easy to understand. I do not need anything too fancy or complicated. Tell me in enough detail about the benefits of your product, and tell me where to click to buy. This is really all I need.

5) Just be available in case I have a questions or need some customer service help. Be reachable.
That is all there is to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment